The United States Mass Notification Systems (MNS) Market is expected to grow at the CAGR of 12.5% within the forecast period from 2021-2026. The demand for these systems is growing owing to the rising adoption of the United States Government in different emergency situations and the implementation of the Internet Protocol (IP) based notification devices in the United States.
- MNS market growth is impacted owing to multiple factors, one of the critical being its use in notifying the general people about emergency and non-emergency situations. Moreover, these solutions are used for coordinating with people during any rescue operations, and it also applies in different services such as staff protection, extensive threat response, regulatory compliance, and low response time.
- For instance, in 2019, On Solve LLC launched the Event Stream, which manages event monitoring and task management modules for any internal crisis event such as IT incident, cyber attack, severe weather, supply chain disruption, etc. According to On Solve LLC, these solutions were also made available on OnSolve Send Word Now Mobile that supports users to manage any event directly from their mobile devices.
- The United States Government is using mass notification systems to protect the first responders and public servants during the ongoing COVID 19 situation. Additionally, agencies, on the other hand, have been struggling with keeping workforces productive as more are quarantined at home and protecting officers from handling contaminated evidence. Hence key vendors in this market are also introducing different products according to the sizes and requirements of organizations. For instance, the Omnilert system launched Omnilert Notify SE in 2020, which are used for small enterprises. However, its Omnilert Notify solutions are used for a larger organization.
- The initiatives of the United States government on public safety are also fuelling the growth of this market. For instance, in 2019, the Illinois state government invested USD 1.87 billion in public safety, and they planned to raise this investment by 2.9% within 2021. However, the higher cost of maintenance and installation is a major restraint for this market due to its requirement of regular maintenance checking to ensure the functioning and reliability of the system
- Moreover, the rapidly changing technological environment and the lack of interoperability poses a significant threat to this market. Most of the public safety organizations are investing a substantial amount of time, cost, and commitment to modernizing their systems. The amount of digital spending allowed depends on the country and, sometimes, the district level as well. It poses a significant challenge for vendors to increase the uptake of digital technology amongst key public service organizations, specifically for police service stations.
Key Market Trends
The Application of Mass Notification System in Government sectors will Drive the Market
- The Mass notification system is widely used in different disaster recovery services of government organizations. Moreover, this system is used in protecting communities from inclement weather. For instance, in 2019, the Town of Summerville announced the launch of "Notify Me," a mass notification system that can send alerts to its users in an emergency.
- Moreover, the US Government is also implementing MNS in their military departments. Additionally, in 2020, the United States invested USD 732 billion in its defense segment to improve the overall efficiency and its emergency communication services. Additionally in the same year the US Department of Defense (DOD) introduced Enterprise Mass Warning and Notification System (EMWNS) to deliver better protection and safety to DoD affiliated personnel. Moreover, EMWNS is an enterprise solution that can notify and receive accountability information from DOD staff during emergencies.
- United States government is also investing in public safety infrastructure to protect the first responders during the COVID-19 outbreak. Moreover, The National Infrastructure Protection Plan (NIPP) of the United States has been revised to identify 16 critical sectors susceptible to attacks. Additionally, Key vendors in this market are also focusing on innovative solutions on public safety issues. Recently, Regroup Mass Notification completed its agreement with CivicPlus to provide quick, reliable, and secure mass communication systems during this unprecedented situation. According to the company's expectation, messages for this system can be delivered in sixty languages, and the integration of its with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will increase the community outreach during an emergency.
- Furthermore, In 2019, On solve LLC launched weather and civil emergency tool, which provided real-time, location-based notifications to general people regarding severe weather and public emergency events. As per with the company's expectation these alert types included weather-related information, tropical, fire, flood, and information related to civil emergencies.
Cloud Deployment service is One of the Fastest Growing Segment for this Market
- Mass Notification System (MNS) Cloud Deployment service is growing rapidly owing to the demand of the hybrid cloud Mass Notification services in diffarent public safety and national security organizations. These types of deployment services require less number of servers which can reduce operational costs related to server provisioning and power consumption.
- Moreover, these deployment services can mitigate the risk of business continuity and disaster recovery. Additionally, cloud deployment enables emergency managers to access the system from any IP-connected device at the time of system downtime situation. Furthermore, The United States government is also increasing its IT investment in different public sector organizations, which is fuelling the growth of this market. For instance, in 2019, the US government increased its IT investment by 2% to deliver better public safety services to the United States people through innovative technologies and design.
- The market also witnessed the deployment of cloud services that could help improve collaboration and response during natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and large-scale social or sporting events. For instance, the United States government launched cloud gov, a platform as a service (PaaS) platform, which can support the public safety organizations to provide a faster and quicker response during any emergency.
- Vendors in this market are also focusing on cloud-based Mass Notification services to gain a competitive advantage over other competitors. For instance, in 2019, Singlewire Software completed its partnership agreement to provide InformaCast mass notification solution that leverages Cisco telephony solutions through its InformaCast software. Moreover, the company claimed that these solutions could connect with the Cisco UCM Cloud service, which allowed its users to use audio broadcasting and other important mass notification features.
The market concentration of the Mass Notification market is high, as a few dominant players occupy the majority of the market. Some of the key vendors of this market are Honeywell International Inc., Eaton Corporation, Motorola Solutions Inc., Blackboard Inc., OnSolve. The recent development in this market include
- July 2020: Motorola solutions completed its strategic agreement with Safer Watch to provide cutting-edge school safety solutions in Florida. Motorola expects that this combined solution not only includes video, data, analytics, and voice to secure the school campus area but also offers 9-1-1 operators with real-time intelligence, which can support the first responders in emergency time.
- July 2020: APCO Worldwide, crisis communications advisory completed its strategic agreement with Everbridge Inc to implement Everbridge CEM solution to mitigate new and emerging global threats for its workforce and operations during the COVID 19 pandemic situation. Moreover, APCO and Everbridge planned to offer Everbridge CEM software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, which can accelerate the diagnostic and communication power of any government organization.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters 5 Force Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Adoption Among Public Safety and Security Domains
5.1.2 Growing Number Of Global Catastrophic Accidents, Natural Disasters in United States
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack in Awareness of Mass Notification Systems
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Component
6.2 By Deployment
6.3 By Application
6.3.1 In Building
6.3.3 Distributed Recipient
6.4 By End-user Vertical
6.4.1 Energy and Utilities
6.4.5 Other End-user Verticals
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE - KEY VENDOR PROFILES*
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Eaton Corporation Inc.
7.1.2 Motorola Solutions Inc.
7.1.3 BlackBerry AtHoc Inc.
7.1.4 Blackboard Inc.
7.1.5 Everbridge Inc.
7.1.6 OnSolve LLC
7.1.7 DBA HipLink Software Inc.
7.1.8 Signal Communications Corporation
7.1.9 Siemens AG
8 FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MAREKET
Secondary Research Information is collected from a number of publicly available as well as paid databases. Public sources involve publications by different associations and governments, annual reports and statements of companies, white papers and research publications by recognized industry experts and renowned academia etc. Paid data sources include third party authentic industry databases.
Once data collection is done through secondary research, primary interviews are conducted with different stakeholders across the value chain like manufacturers, distributors, ingredient/input suppliers, end customers and other key opinion leaders of the industry. Primary research is used both to validate the data points obtained from secondary research and to fill in the data gaps after secondary research.
The market engineering phase involves analyzing the data collected, market breakdown and forecasting. Macroeconomic indicators and bottom-up and top-down approaches are used to arrive at a complete set of data points that give way to valuable qualitative and quantitative insights. Each data point is verified by the process of data triangulation to validate the numbers and arrive at close estimates.
The market engineered data is verified and validated by a number of experts, both in-house and external.
REPORT WRITING/ PRESENTATION
After the data is curated by the mentioned highly sophisticated process, the analysts begin to write the report. Garnering insights from data and forecasts, insights are drawn to visualize the entire ecosystem in a single report.